Friday, July 15, 2011

My Openshot Video Edit Test

Recently I learned from Category5.tv about Openshot Video. I installed it few days ago and now I have the chance to try it out to see if I could stay using Linux as my main video editing box on full open source application. By the way, Im a Linux Fedora fan and also I can manage to work in a cross-platform between linux (fedora/ubuntu..etc.) and Microsoft windows based systems.


The final output video was uploaded to Youtube initially, but it was blocked due to copyright policy. So now I can use the copyleft :) ...uploaded to my Facebook videos and Vimeo (not sure if vimeo would block it soon). Because the two video formats I used was official entry video in high definition formats downloaded in .flv and the other is an .mp4 format - so i could test 'Import' file compatibility using Openshot application on different encoding formats.

You can watch it on this link Original+Parody or you can view the embedded video below. Check out Openshotvideo.com also.

This video editing test alone was done in less than an hour - not to include dowloading/uploading of videos.
Here are some screenshots:


You can create a multi-track depending on which track you preffered to PAN-view or track mute others if not needed on simulteneous track play.



Allows you to 'Export' the video in HD formats in different variant levels depending on your desired quality or reproduction.



My editing hardware is Lenovo Essential G470 core i3(2nd-gen) with a 4Gb/1333 RAM running 64bit Linux Fedora 15 / Gnome3.


Now here's the video saved/uploaded in HD 720 25p format:


Iyaz - Shoni video remix using Openshot opensource application. [HD] from conradq5 on Vimeo.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great ! Really impressed by ur openshot video test.
web design company