Sunday, March 28, 2010

ZTE MF637 internal parts "SmartBro Plug-It USB"

I was eager to put an external antenna to my USB modem ZTE MF637, an HSDPA/HSUPA 3.75G from SmartBro Plug-It. I found two internal antenna, one might be the GPRS/EDGE and the other one is for 3G. Though I can't determine well which antenna is 3G and the other. Both has different frequency of operation, whereas 3g UMTS is 2100Mhz and so on.

There is only one internal antenna connector, and which I think is for GPRS/EDGE only.



2 comments:

art said...

my smartbro lost the terminal for the sim. can yuo show me how to fixt it or wher i could jumper it.. thnk u..

Tech31 said...

try to open your modem dongle carefully. you can see from the last photo there are 6 gold plated buttons from where the sim card should fit-on with the 6 contact points. try if you can get it stick with a scotch tape, do not solder/jumper. the place a soft foam to compress the filled space and then place back the cover.