Friday, October 16, 2009

Sun Broadband Wireless prepaid


I'm doing a speedtest using my 3g phone as a modem hooked via USB cable to a laptop and with Sun Broadband Wireless prepaid.

I have here a Sony Ericsson 3G phone with a SUN prepaid SIM, a Pentium(old)4 1.7Ghz on WinXP Pro with Sony ericsson PCsuite installed, and browser such as Firefox, Google chrome and Opera 10. Also installed some add-ons and plugins like Adobe flash player and silverlight....

Here's my first test:

There are 3 tabs open on my gooogle chrome including the speedtest site running.



Fast? Only speedtest was running and no other browsing effect. See some results below.














The speedtest below run while another tab is open on live movie streaming.






















Sun Broadband Wireless can attain much more the speed that I'm getting from my 3g phone if I do have a 3.5g capable phone or rather HSDPA feature. My phone is only capable of 384kbps on 3g network. There are HSDPA phone models that can have up to 3.6Mbps or 7.2Mbps. But I guess maximum of 3.6Mbps HSDPA speed feature will be enough as of the moment. Whereas wireless broadband ISP's are in the top speed of 2Mbps up to 3Mbps(duh!)

Sun offers up to 2Mbps right now within metro manila coverage. I just loaded up SBW100 via XpressLoad(electronic load)

Below is what you get from SBW100 @ Php100;



1. You get 360minutes browsing time.
2. Or 6hours valid for 4 days. (i loaded up 10/16 @ 6pm, and valid up to 10/20)


I just started doing this test about an hour ago.





I am quite contented on the speed, I just ask if Sun Broadband Wireless prepaid could offer something like 24hours for 100pesos witn at least 5 days validity.

For pure browsing, emailing, youtube, movie streaming(need strong 3G signal), social networking and other stuff that do not require too much downloading bandwidth; I say, this can be enough just to get you online and do your web task. If you are torrent or P2P user, this is not for you...

No comments: